[GRASSLIST:6484] Re: import of dxf files in grass6.0

Kirk R. Wythers kwythers at umn.edu
Fri Apr 15 09:31:54 EDT 2005

On Apr 15, 2005, at 7:04 AM, Grégoire Pigeon wrote:

> Good afternoon,
>
> I've installed the grass 6.0 version. I was trying to import dxf files
> and I don't see any more v.in.dxf function. I don't find other
> solution to import dxf files. Is there another function available for
> that ?

You have two options. Opendwg (http://www.opendesign.com/) or to use
v.in.dxf in grass5, then convert the file to grass6.

Personally I use Opendwg, it is a bit of a pain to set up the first
time and it is proprietary. That being said... it works. Others on this
list have responded to this question that they use v.in.dxf in grass5
and convert and that it work as well.

Kirk

> Thanks for your help.
> Gregoire Pigeon
>
> --
> Grégoire PIGEON
> Moyens Mobiles de Mesures Météorologiques
> Centre National de Recherches Métérologiques
> tel +33 (0)561079765
> gregoire.pigeon at meteo.fr

Kirk R. Wythers
Dept. of Forest Resources