[GRASSLIST:7879] matching region and window settings

Jason Horn jhorn at bu.edu
Thu Aug 11 22:39:35 EDT 2005

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to control the aspect ratio of a region?  That
is, you can set the height and width, but what if you want to make
the region, say,  3:4 so that it fits perfectly in an 800 x 600
window?  I find that I make a lot of screenshots for presentations
and this works out best if you can create a region that is 3:4.  Some
of you are probably thinking, just to the math, but this can be
tricky for lat-lon locations.  Also, say you manage to create a 3:4
region.  What then if you want to double the size, or half the size
of the region, but want to maintain the aspect ratio.  Can't be done
with the mouse.  More tricky math.

As always, thanks for your thoughts.