[GRASSLIST:7923] Re: GRASS 6.0 - is there no d.label command in GRASS 6.0?

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 16 11:37:49 EDT 2005

http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/twiki/bin/view/GRASS/ModulePortingList#Display_modules
> ->  d.label - functionality pretty much covered by d.text

In GRASS 6.1-cvs I have updated v.label, d.paint.labels, and ps.map's
"labels" instruction to the point where I think it all works pretty
well. In 6.0 the above commands will work but setting font size, e.g.,
might be a pain.

Fine tune placement by tweaking the offsets in the labels file with a
text editor.

If no one else gets to it first I'll update the wiki when I return to
civilization in a few weeks time.

>> Is there anyalternative command to d.rast.labels ?

This isn't like d.rast.num or d.rast.arrow, but could be with a
r.to.vect + v.label step.

regards,
Hamish