[GRASSLIST:7942] Using gmake54 to install r.gmtg

Bernhard Klingseisen bernhard.klingseisen at arcs.ac.at
Wed Aug 17 10:11:43 EDT 2005

Hi users,

I am new to grass and struggling with compiling the additional module r.gmtg
from Jaime Carrera (http://grass.gdf-
hannover.de/twiki/bin/view/GRASS/JaimeCarrera)

I have compiled grass 5.4.0 under cygwin with the following options:

tar xvfz grass-5.4.0.tar.gz
cd grass-5.4.0
mkdir build
cd build
../configure --without-png --without-odbc --without-fftw --without
make
make install

then I unzipped r.gmtg to the directory grass-5.4.0/src/raster/r.gmtg and
changed to that directory. When I wanted to run gmake54, it was unrecognized.

So I tried to run gmake54 from the build directory as recommended in the
installation instructiosn with
../gmake54 src/raster/r.gmtg

and got the following error:

klingseiseb at c1ulw14 ~/grass-5.4.0/build
$ ./gmake54  src/raster/r.gmtg
make: Entering directory `/home/klingseiseb/grass-5.4.0/src/raster/r.gmtg'
make: *** No rule to make target `dir'.  Stop.
make: Leaving directory `/home/klingseiseb/grass-5.4.0/src/raster/r.gmtg'

Could you please have a look at the r.gmtg gmakefile, if it is correct or if
there are other reasons for the problems with gmake54.

Many thinks for your effort

Bernhard