[GRASSLIST:8012] GRASS6.0.1.RC2 crashes when trying to create new location

Hernán De Angelis hernan.deangelis at glocalnet.net
Mon Aug 22 04:52:07 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I am new to this list and also fairly new to GRASS. Previously I did some not
very serious experiences with GRASS 5 but now I really want to learn how to
use it so I installed GRASS 6 (6.0.1.RC2) in my SuSE 9.3 Pro box, together
with QGIS. Now I am having a problem and I could not find a solution for it,
so I thought may be someone of you can help me. Sorry if this question is a
known one, but as I said I could not find a solution for it:
When I open GRASS6 (typing grass60 in the console) the first screen appears
where I am asked to open an existing location or to create a new one. Since I
do not have previous locations in my box I try to create one and then, when I
press the "create new location" button, the program crashes and closes
itself. Does anyone have any idea of what's going on or what should I do?

Thanks in advance

Hernán

--

Hernán De Angelis