[GRASSLIST:8048] GRASS / QGIS and OGUG in the news

Dave Sampson gis at watersheds.ca
Wed Aug 24 13:37:31 EDT 2005

Hey folks.

OGUG is Ottawa's GRASS Users Group. Recently Dave Sampson and Scott
Mitchell were interviewed by Shane Schick from ITBusiness, an online
magazine published by Computing Canada.  The articles discusses GRASS /
QGIS, open source GIS and the interaction of local users groups. OGUG
(cemml.carleton.ca/OGUG/) will soon have the link to the article on
their site. We would also be interested in news articles of other GRASS
users groups. In the mean time please follow the link bellow and feel
free to add it to the main GRASS site.

Although some details are probably lost in the editorial process (like
the requirement of UMN mapserver for publishing GRASS maps to the net)
for the general public or those unfamiliar with GRASS its good first
intro. We'll wait to see how many people contact us concerning GRASS and
such.

Just thought I'd update the crew.

The Article:
http://www.itbusiness.ca/index.asp?theaction=61&sid=59678

Cheers

|Dave Sampson: Geographic Information System (GIS) Technician	|
|Centre for Sustainable Watersheds				|
|Cooperative Approaches to Protect Canada's Water Resources	|
|14 Water St, P.O Box 280. Portland Ontario, Canada. K0G 1V0	|
|Lat: 44.700	Long: -76.19					|
|www.watersheds.ca		gis at watersheds.ca		|