[GRASSLIST:8120] Re: V.digit (GRASS): Layer disapears, using QGIS as front end

Dave Sampson gis at watersheds.ca
Mon Aug 29 14:16:28 EDT 2005

Radim Blazek,

When I go into QGIS with the dumby file (say a square). If I start
digitizing again (this time  a circle in QGIS) then go back and delete
the original feature (square) then everything is OK.

However if I delete the original feature (square) before the digitizing
a new feature in QGIS (circle) then it goes CUBAR (Hard 'C' (eg K),
Currupted beyond all recog).

QGIS and GRASS can't use the file anymore, even with tryinh to rebuild
topography.

>On 8/24/05, Dave Sampson <gis at watersheds.ca> wrote:
>

>>My work around is to make a dumby vector in GRASSA and then digitize in
>>QGIS. Which brings up a second issue. If I delete the dumby vector in
>>QGIS before making a new one, the vector file becomes currupt for both
>>QGIS and GRASS. So you start with one dumby vector in GRASS, create a
>>new less obtrusive dumby vector in QGIS and delete the old dumby GRASS
>>vector before you start digitizing. To say the least, a few extra steps
>>that would be nice to avoid. This would be a major drawback to using
>>GRASS/QGIS in a production digitizing scenario.
>>

>This is not clear to me. How you get a corrupted file?
>
>Radim

|Dave Sampson: Geographic Information System (GIS) Technician	|
|Centre for Sustainable Watersheds				|
|Cooperative Approaches to Protect Canada's Water Resources	|
|14 Water St, P.O Box 280. Portland Ontario, Canada. K0G 1V0	|
|Lat: 44.700	Long: -76.19					|
|www.watersheds.ca		gis at watersheds.ca		|