[GRASSLIST:8135] Re: d.rgb in display manager

Ian MacMillan ian_macmillan at umail.ucsb.edu
Tue Aug 30 13:37:51 EDT 2005

I think a key to this is that it would also have to be zoomable.  As it
is, you can't zoom with just a d.rgb image on the monitor.  Perhaps
d.zoom in d.m would be modified to zoom in on one of the greyscale maps
of the rgb image, and then the d.rgb would be displayed?  Does this
make sense?

-Ian

On Aug 30, 2005, at 10:11 AM, Carlos Guâno Grohmann wrote:

> This is the way I imagine it on d.m (image attached)
>
> Carlos
>

> On 8/30/05, Dylan Beaudette <dylan at iici.no-ip.org> wrote:
>> On Monday 29 August 2005 10:48 pm, Maciek Sieczka wrote:
>>> From: "Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann" <carlos.grohmann at gmail.com>

>>> I've been missing this functionality too. I wish I could display rgb
>>> composites like regular rasters and vectors via the d.m.
>>>
>>> Maciek
>>>
>>> BTW, it would be great if NVIZ supported rgb composites too - to
>>> avoid
>>> producing huge layers only for visualization by r.composite.
>>
>> you can add this functionality (i think) by using the "add command"
>> button in
>> the display manager. In the command enter the d.rgb parameters for
>> your data.
>>
>> I have used this technique for the d.his command.
>>
>> --
>> Dylan Beaudette
>> Soils and Biogeochemistry Graduate Group
>> University of California at Davis
>> 530.754.7341
>>

> --
>               Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
>   Geologist M.Sc  - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
> Linux User #89721  - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
> <rgb.jpg>
What happens if a big asteroid hits Earth? Judging from realistic
simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we
can assume it will be pretty bad.
  - Dave Barry

This message has been scanned by anti-virus software.