[GRASSLIST:9278] make G_plot_line() persistant in monitor

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 19:17:40 EST 2005

Greetings,

lots of questions today....

I am writing a new module that draws to the active monitor using the function
G_plot_line (x, y, x+dx, y+dy);

The line is drawn, but it is not persistant on the screen- in the way that the
output from something like d.grid would be. Poking around in the source code
for d.vect.thematic I found the following code, that *appears* to make the
lines persistant on the screen... but I am not sure how to interpret these
functions:
-----------------from d.vect.chart ------------------------
if(ret == 0) {
	D_add_to_list(G_recreate_command()) ;
        D_set_dig_name(G_fully_qualified_name(map_opt->answer, mapset));
        D_add_to_dig_list(G_fully_qualified_name(map_opt->answer, mapset));

inserting D_add_to_list(G_recreate_command())  into my new module seems to
make the line persistant, but why?

Any pointers, or places to look for some more information on this?

Many Thanks!

--
Dylan Beaudette
University of California at Davis