[GRASSLIST:9424] Re: Rasters not displaying from old (Windows) Gr ass Projects

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Mon Dec 12 14:20:38 EST 2005

>This one is a bit odd...I've transferred several tarred/zipped Grass
>projects from a LaCie external hard disk (formatted NTFS) onto a Linux
>patition of a dual-boot XP/Breezy PC. The projects in question reside on
>/home/epatton/Projects. I've enabled full 777 privileges, recursively.
Grass
>loads the project up fine with no obvious system errors. I can
>display/pan/zoom any vectors, even vectors that have been converted from
5.4
>to 6.1 format using v.convert(.all).

>However, no rasters will display. I've tried several rasters from different
>locations, to no avail, even after setting the region with g.region
>rast=Rastername. These rasters display fine on  a Cygwin Grass session; in
>fact, they were created from a Cygwin Grass installation.

Sorry to answer my own post, but I've got some additional information that
might help:

- r.compress reports that '3.0 compression indicated'. Typing r.compress -u
gives a segmentation fault.
- r.stats, r.univar, r.describe crash with 'Segmentation fault'; no other
error messages are given.
- I can run g.region rast=rastername no problem; r.info gives a standard
information screen with nothing out of the ordinary; rows and columns,
resolution, projection, all look good.
- r.report gives the following:

r.stats: sh: line 1: 10646 Segmentation fault      r.stats -acr fs=:
'input=DumpsiteA_MB_1m.fill.shade.comb at PERMANENT' >/home/
epatton/Projects/Miramichi/PERMANENT/.tmp/w5-dar-epatton/10644.0

Once again, I've checked that all permissions are write-enabled for the
entire Location.

~ Eric.