[GRASSLIST:9547] Re: icons

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Dec 16 14:32:03 EST 2005

Hamish,

Thanks for doing this. I've wanted to have something like this since GRASS
5.x. It is very nice for people to be able to share these.

A thought I've had in talking with Benjamin Ducke, who is working on the
GRASS Extension Manager.

Custom extensions and icons located in the $GISBASE directory structure risk
getting overwritten, especially if you are installing binaries.

What about putting such things in a GRASS_custom directory within a user's
home directory? The location of a GRASS_custom directory could be specified
in the .grassrc6 file.

Michael
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402