[GRASSLIST:5713] Re: Creating DTM from shapefiles

Māris Nartišs maris.nartiss at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 08:58:18 EST 2005

Hi,

thanks. I renamed vect1 cat column to cat1. Then reconnectd db usin
cat1 as category. Then I used v.append and got good results: one
vector data set with single db. This db now contains columns cat, cat1
and augst. cat = cat1 for points from vect1 data;  cat1 = 0 and with
new cat vaules for data from vect2. Most important - data in augst is
for all records. Now I can delete unnecesary cat1 and will got 2
merged vector data sets :)

Actualy I cant fuly understand how I got results, but I have them :)
Some more easy way for all grass users would be nice (developers - you
read this?).

TNX all,
Maris