[GRASSLIST:7519] i need references

ritika at sarai.net ritika at sarai.net
Tue Jul 12 16:55:41 EDT 2005

Dear all,

Hi!, I am a geographer from Delhi. In my department, many 'closed' GIS
softwares are being used with great efficiency. However, i don't think
if any one's 'thinking' about it. I wish to read and then write
something on free GIS and geography. If anyone of you has any references
- articles or books - on the area of my new interest, then i'd really
appreciate, if you could share them with me on the list.

I myself do not really know how to work on any of these softwares. But
the very idea of closed softwares and GIS sounds bit oxymoronic to me.

waiting for enlightenment
ritika