[GRASSLIST:7657] Re: R Stats and GRASS primer (wanted)

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Jul 21 05:15:23 EDT 2005

Hi Dave,

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 05:54:28PM -0400, Dave Sampson wrote:
> Even before I can finish my current project I'm looking to the future.
>
> I would like to gather some resources on combining R stats and GRASS. I
> found tutorial from a while ago at
> http://reclus.nhh.no/gc00/gc009.htm
> not sure if all the commands are still relavent or if the datasets they
> use still exist. as its older version of GRASS and R
>
> I wouldn't mind if people submitted more samples of how they used R
> Stats and GRASS. If they are examples on spearfish data that is even
> better because we all have it.

Here we go with some suggestions:

- related web page:
  http://grass.itc.it/statsgrass/index.php
  -> GRASS 6.x: GRASS6-R interface (installation: see here)
  -> Short draft introduction to R/GRASS interface (evolving,
     needs some GRASS 6 updates)
  -> Bivand, R.S., 2005. Interfacing GRASS 6 and R. Status and development directions.
     GRASS Newsletter, Vol.3, pp 11-16, June 2005 (PDF).

- Short Courses:
  http://mpa.itc.it/grasstutor/shortcourse_menu.phtml
  -> Open Source GIS Short Course (2003) - GRASS 5, but maybe still
     interesting anyway
  -> Open Source Geoinformatics with GRASS GIS (2005) - GRASS 6
     (I guess you know this one :-)

- R spatial projects
  http://agec221.agecon.uiuc.edu/csiss/Rgeo/

More forthcoming...