[GRASSLIST:7033] Re: i.ortho photo help

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Mon Jun 6 16:38:13 EDT 2005

I had a similar problem. Here's what I did:
1 my photos where in written in tiff with correct DPI, so I just
2 opened one in Gimp
3 measured distances between fiducials
4 asked Prof. Pitagoras for help, because I had only 4 fiducials (in
corners) and the photo was fairly rotated
5 image center is 0,0; coords to the left are negative, positive to the
right; [mm] is the unit required in i.ortho.photo

If your DPI isn't properly stored in the image but you know it, measure
distances in pixels, translate to inch -> mm.

Maciek