[GRASSLIST:7049] GRASS 6.0.0 startup problems

Kobus Bedeker s99171059 at tuks.co.za
Tue Jun 7 06:42:46 EDT 2005

Dear reader

I am a first time GRASS user, and have very little GIS experience.  I installed

GRASS 6.0.0 on my Linux (Fedora Core 3) machine.  I installed all the minimum
requirements.  I had to install it without postgresql, as GRASS couldn't find
the libraries.  Other than than, I istalled gdal, tcl/tk, Mesa-3.x, fftw,
libtiff, mysql, unixODBC, lesstif, R language and Freetype2.  I downloaded the
spearfish mapset, and I am trying to open it.  The following error is given:
GRASS 6.0.0 (spearfish60):/usr/local/grass-6.0.0/bin.i686-pc-linux-gnu >
Error
in startup script: ps.map: error while loading shared libraries: libgdal.so.1:

Your help is appreciated.
Kobus Bedeker