[GRASSLIST:7141] QGIS-GRASS and mac os x

Konstantinos Theofilis theofilis at macland.gr
Mon Jun 13 07:19:11 EDT 2005

Thanks for the feedback.

QGIS seems a very nice solution but I cant get it to work with GRASS.
Any feedback from OS X users would be greatly appreciated

I downloaded QGIS for mac os x and I followerd the instructions int
he ReadMe file for activating GRASS support. But when I start QGIS
(from within Terminal) I get

dyld: Symbol not found: __cg_jpeg_resync_to_restart
   Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/
Versions/A/ImageIO
   Expected in: /usr/local/grasslib/lib/libJPEG.dylib

Trace/BPT trap
[skulls-ibook-g4:~] skull% /Applications/qgis.app/Contents/MacOS/qgis
dyld: Symbol not found: __cg_jpeg_resync_to_restart
   Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/
Versions/A/ImageIO
   Expected in: /usr/local/grasslib/lib/libJPEG.dylib

I have the binaries of Lorenzo installed

Then jpeg lib that I have in /usr/local/grasslib/lib is libjpeg.dylib
(not capital letters)

Any feedback from OS X users would be greatly appreciated

Kostas Theofilis