[GRASSLIST:6077] Re: How deep is a region?

David Adam david at quercus.org
Wed Mar 9 10:13:21 EST 2005

Hamish wrote:

>AFAIU, "depths" is the z analogue of "cols" and "rows" in the region
>settings; ie number of grid cells on the z-axis. For 2D rasters we are
>always one cell thick so this is going to be 1 for the majority of maps.

Ah!  Thank you for enlightening me!

I would like to point out that this is NOT obvious.  Adding the note
above to the g.region
documentation would clarify the situation, and allow many users to
figure out the solution to
the problem on their own.  [Of course, it's fixed now...]

That said, I also want to thank all of you who have been scurrying
around to help.  It seems
like I kicked a bigger anthill than I thought..

david