[GRASSLIST:6123] Problems with r.le.pixel !?

Sander Oom slist at oomvanlieshout.net
Fri Mar 11 04:48:22 EST 2005

Dear Grass users,

In a previous message, I mentioned memory allocation problems with the
r.le.pixel command. I managed to avoid it using a smaller area.

For testing, I clipped a 2 by 2 degree area from the whole map and run
r.le.pixel with the following command:

r.le.pixel map=test sam=m  div=d3

and the following move_wind file:

       25      25  u_w u_l: CELL
      0.0          radius of circular moving window
      200     200  w_w w_l
        0       0  x0, y0

The landcover map and the resulting d3 output can be found here:

http://www.oomvanlieshout.net/ftp/d3.png
http://www.oomvanlieshout.net/ftp/landcover.png

The d3 map seems to have three layers, but I can not figure out what
they mean. There seems to be some sensible information in the
background, but that is over ruled by the square pattern.

Has anybody tried this recently and had similar results?

I am running GRASS 6.0.0beta2 (2005) on SUSE 9.1.

Thanks,

Sander.

PS I am trying to reproduce the memory problem, so I can report this as
a bug. It will take some time for the memory usage to build up. Then I
will try to run the code in Grass57.

Dr. Sander P. Oom
Animal, Plant and Environmental Sciences,
University of the Witwatersrand
Private Bag 3, Wits 2050, South Africa
Tel (work)      +27 (0)11 717 64 04
Tel (home)      +27 (0)18 297 44 51