[GRASSLIST:6173] Re: PostGRASS in 5.7 tutorial ?

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Mar 15 04:42:03 EST 2005

Hi Jean-Denis,

I have added this note on top of the old tutorial:

NOTE: This tutorial is refering to GRASS 5.7. Meanwhile (2005), GRASS 6.0.0
has been published. An updated (but unfortunately still incomplete) version
of this tutorial is available here: GRASS Six Tutorial.
http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/twiki/bin/view/GRASS/GrassSixTutorial

I still have to migrate parts of the old tutorial into the Wiki.

Answering your question: The direct PostGIS connection is no
longer available. Once day, when OGR comes with a GRASS plugin
for vector data, this will probably change.

For now you can use v.in.ogr and v.out.ogr to directly exchange
data with PostGIS. But it's an exchange, no real link into the DB.

Hope this helps

 Markus

--
Markus Neteler     <neteler itc it>       http://mpa.itc.it