[GRASSLIST:6196] RE: display manager and monitors

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Wed Mar 16 18:51:28 EST 2005

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Hamish wrote:

>> I use the graphical interface of Grass6.0.0 Cygwin stable (feb
>> something).
>> I have tried to import shapefiles into grass, and get messages like
>> this:
>>
>> v.in.ogr dsn=/cygdrive/c/xxx/periode1a.shp output=p1a min_area=0.0001
>> snap=-1
>> PROJ_INFO file not found for location N50kart
>> PROJ_UNITS file not found for location N50kart
>
> ?!
>
> what does 'g.proj -p' give?
>
> XY location?
>

>> Projection of input dataset and current location appear to match.
>
> ?! NULL == NULL ?
>
> can that ever be true for shapefiles? is .prj respected if it exists?

Yes... OGR reads the .prj file. If there is none there then OGR dataset
projection = 0 (XY) and if the same for location then the message about
projections matching will be (validly because XY == XY) reported.

I fixed v.in.ogr so it won't bother checking for proj_info and proj_units
if the location is XY and will avoid the confusing warnings.

Paul