[GRASSLIST:6234] Debian Source packages and GRASS tarball

Paulo Marcondes paulomarcondes at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 09:08:24 EST 2005

Hi,

I just joined the GRASSLIST, although I heard of GRASS since
july/1999, when I saw two articles on Linux Journal...

I tried building GRASS from the the debian source packages, but that
proved unsuccessfull, since I was not able to cope with all the other
dependencies.

So I got the GRASS tarball, since it seems that I have all other required libs.
I have not built it yet. As soon as I make it, i'll post any relevant info here.

I am also willing to help translating GRASS to brazilian portuguese,
so I am already subscribed to the translations list. Markus is aware
of that and we are starting to coordinate things with the other
brazilian users/translators.

That's it. I hope to start translating ASAP.
--
Paulo Marcondes
zpaulomarcondesz at gmail period comz