[GRASSLIST:6262] r.in.gdal LatLong projection: G_set_window(): Illegal latitude for North

Zaboj Hrazsky zaboj.hrazsky at daphne.cz
Sat Mar 26 04:19:16 EST 2005

Troubles with r.in.gdal import:

I have found following constraint when I tried import WORLDCLIM dataset:

> New location as latlon wgs84:
>
> GRASS 6.0.0 (LatLongWGS84):~ > g.proj -p
> -PROJ_INFO-------------------------------------------------
> name       : Lat/Lon
> proj       : ll
> ellps      : wgs84
> -PROJ_UNITS------------------------------------------------
> unit       : degree
> units      : degrees
> meters     : 1.0
> GRASS 6.0.0 (LatLongWGS84):~ > g.region -dp
> projection: 3 (Latitude-Longitude)
> zone:       0
> datum:      ** unknown (default: WGS84) **
> ellipsoid:  wgs84
> north:      90N
> south:      60S
> west:       180W
> east:       180E
> nsres:      0:00:30
> ewres:      0:00:30
> rows:       18000
> cols:       43200
>
> I would like to import there:
> GRASS 6.0.0 (LatLongWGS84):~ > r.in.gdal -eo
> in=/adat/cd/WORLDCLIM/tmin_30s_esri/tmin_1 out=tmin1
> Over-riding projection check.
> Proceeding with import...
> WARNING: G_set_window(): Illegal latitude for North
>
> Why is ilegal latitude can be understand from:

> GRASS 6.0.0 (LatLongWGS84):~ > r.in.gdal -eo
> in=/adat/cd/WORLDCLIM/tmin_30s_esri/tmin_1 out=tmin1 loc=new
> 100%
> CREATING SUPPORT FILES FOR tmin1

> Switch to new created location (x,y) called "new":

> GRASS 6.0.0 (new):~ > r.info tmin1
> +----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
>
> | Layer:    tmin1                          Date: Wed Mar 23 21:00:55
> 2005    |
> | Mapset:   PERMANENT                      Login of Creator:
> zaboj           |
> | Location:
> new                                                              |
> | DataBase:
> /adat/grassdata                                                  |
> | Title:     ( tmin1
> )                                                       |
> |----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
>

> |   Type of Map:  raster              Number of Categories:
> 266              |
> |   Data Type:
> CELL                                                       |
> |   Rows:
> 18000                                                      |
> |   Columns:
> 43200                                                      |
> |   Total Cells:
> 777600000                                                  |
> |        Projection: x,y (zone
> 0)                                            |
> |            N: 90.00000782    S:        -60   Res:
> 0.00833333               |
> |            E: 180.00001878    W:       -180   Res:
> 0.00833333              |
> |   Range of data:    min =  -573 max =
> [...]

Is there any way how to import such data and project it (into krovak-gis projection)?

Thanks

  Zaboj Hrazsky

     DAPHNE ČR - Institut aplikované ekologie
     Husova 45, 370 05 České Budějovice
     http://www.daphne.cz
     Tel: +420 776053573
     ICQ: 332817882