[GRASSLIST:6830] exporting vector maps to postgis

Jaime Carrera jaicarrerahdez at yahoo.com
Fri May 20 19:00:57 EDT 2005

Dear list,

I'm trying to export a vector map from GRASS to a
postGIS table through the use of the v.to.pg function.
I create a  table in PostgreSQL with 2 fields and use
the AddGeometryColumn function in the database.
However I get "invalid geometry" on the column that
has the polygon data.
I'm using the following command:
\copy municipalities from 'geom.postgis' with
delimiter as '|'
Basically, I want to copy a table that has the
id|name|geom of each municipality, where geom is the
polygon data exported from GRASS.

Thanks,

Jaime