[GRASSLIST:8837] Re: 3d blocks in GRASS NVIZ

Ing.Peter Misovic peter.misovic at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 04:29:37 EST 2005

3d blocks in GRASS NVIZ - continue :

Dear all,
we have problems with displaying 3D Volumes - blocks in GRASS. What we
did until now ?

a.) created 3D cubes in Bentley MicroStation
b.) displayed those 3D cubes sucessfully in ArcVIEW
c.) converted into PostGIS table by shp2postgis Postgres tool (please
see created SQL file http://www.minegis.com/temp/blocks3D.sql) - there
are different select statmens ...:(
d.) displayed PostIGIS layer in QGIS as 2d - successfully
e.) imported PostGIS layer into GRASS through v.in.ogr (please see
import log http://www.minegis.com/temp/3dnviz_import_log.txt)
f.) displayed layer in NVIZ - (please see screenshot -
http://www.minegis.com/temp/3dnviz.png)

We need just very simple database-objects visualization, but we are
not really able to do that. Please see
http://www.minegis.com/temp/cubes.jpg - we need a cubes in PostGIS
database, import those cubes into GRASS (and also in mapserver) and
provide thematic classification based on another atrribute table.
Please, is someone here able to help us ? We' re really confused that
we're not able to do that in last two weeks :((((

Thank to everyone.
Peter