[GRASSLIST:8870] RE: table of x, y and z points

Tiago Salgueiro 1010664 at isep.ipp.pt
Thu Nov 3 20:50:42 EST 2005

> On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 19:51:29 -0000 (WET)
> "Tiago Salgueiro" <1010664 at isep.ipp.pt> wrote:
>
>> Like you said I try the following:
>>
>> $v.in.ascii -z input=/home/tiago/teste output=teste_out format=point
>> fs=tab skip=1 columns='x double precision, y double precision, z
>> double precision, cat int' \ x=1 y=2 z=3 cat=0
>>
>> with teste file like this:
>>
>> x	y	z
>> 1	1	1
>> 2	2	2
>> 3	3	3
>> 4	4	2
>> 5	5	1
>>
>> GRASS just didn't made anything. Do you have some idea about what is
>> wrong?
>
> You need to cut and paste exact output. "just didn't made anything"
> doesn't give us much to go by. Was there an error message? Seems to run
> ok but 0 features created? Output map is there, but when you look at
> v.info it is empty? Need to run "g.region vect=teste_out" before d.vect?
>

> Hamish

"just didn't anything" - no error message and no successful message was
printed. Can it be some problem with grass?? It's my first time using
grass and I don't know if I made the correct installation...
What rpm can I download to install in Fedora 3??
Cumprimentos/Best Regards,

Tiago Salgueiro
Nº1010664