[GRASSLIST:8896] Re: orthorectification of Quickbird satellite images

Ian MacMillan ian_macmillan at umail.ucsb.edu
Fri Nov 4 20:20:29 EST 2005

Dan, I am not sure about i.points3, but i.points and i.rectify does
work.  I think you will still need a higher resolution DEM for your
elevation correction (depending on the resolution you want for your
satellite imagery).  Those are sometimes hard to obtain for large parts
of the world.

Hope this helps,
Ian

On Nov 4, 2005, at 3:42 PM, Dan Gavin wrote:

> Hello all:
>
> I would like to orthorectify some high-resolution Quickbird images,
> taken 20 degrees off-nadir.  They are in a mountainous region, and I
> need fairly high positional accuracy.  While these images are
> distributed as geoTIFFs, elevational distortions have not been removed
> (their ortho product is based on a 90 meter DEM).  Searching the list
> archives, I see a suggestion to use i.points3 and i.rectify3.  Are
> these functions available in GRASS 6.1?  Any other suggestions,
> including other software?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Dan
>
> --
> Dan Gavin
> Research Associate
> University of Vermont
> Botany and Agricultural Biochemistry
> 120B Marsh Life Science
> 109 Carrigan Dr.
> Burlington, VT 05405-0086

What happens if a big asteroid hits Earth? Judging from realistic
simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we
can assume it will be pretty bad.
  - Dave Barry