[GRASSLIST:8900] Re: compilation of individual module

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Sat Nov 5 01:17:42 EST 2005

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 01:37:28PM -0600, Ed Davison wrote:
> I have grass 6.0.0 installed and am trying to compile an individual
> module.  The gmake script seems to be missing from /usr/grass60/bin
> directory where the documentation says it should be.

In GRASS 6 there is no more 'gmake' script. Everything is done
with the standard 'make' (which needs to be installed if absent).

> Under grass5 this was done with the gmake5 script.  I have checked the
> grass 5.0.3 source tree and found this to be in src/CMD as gmake5.0.
>
> Under grass 6.0.0, there is not an equivalent command that I can find
> the the entire 6.0.0 source tree.  I have the file grass-6.0.0.tar.gz as
> the source bundle that I have checked.

For GRASS 6 we changed to a more standard approach for the Makefile
system. On my Linux box, I have a 'make' RPM installed (make-3.80-8mdk).

I hope this clarifies the differences.

Markus