[GRASSLIST:9013] Re: ArcView vs GRASS

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Nov 11 15:44:35 EST 2005

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005, pmarc wrote:

> Actually, I work at a R&D facility. What I've heard is that some companies
> are more interested in having results quickly than in having the right,
> thought through, scientificaly based results, which can take much more time
> to arise than the other way. Then, it should be easy to collate some pretty
> pictures and present it to manager and [buzzword alert!] stakeholders.

   At the risk of going too far off-topic, there was a book written many years
ago called, "How to Lie With Statistics." There should be a companion volume
called, "How to Lie With Maps."

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"