[GRASSLIST:9046] compiling GRASS with OpenGL

Ulrich Leopold uleopold at science.uva.nl
Mon Nov 14 04:28:47 EST 2005

Dear all,

while compilinmg GRASS 6.0.1 on SuSE Linux 9.3 I get the following error:

 CFLAGS="-O2" LDFLAGS="-s" ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local \
--bindir=/usr/local/bin \
--enable-shared  \
--with-cxx \
--with-fftw=yes \
--with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config \
--with-freetype \
--with-freetype-includes=/usr/include/freetype \
--with-postgres=yes \
--with-postgres-includes=/usr/include/pgsql \
--with-mysql=no \
--with-odbc=no \
--enable-largefile \
--with-opengl-libs=/usr/X11/lib

---------------snip-----------------------------

checking whether to use OpenGL... yes
checking for location of OpenGL includes...
checking for GL/gl.h... yes
checking for GL/glu.h... yes
checking for location of OpenGL library... /usr/X11/lib
checking for glBegin in -lGL... no
checking for glBegin in -lGL... no
configure: error: *** Unable to locate OpenGL library.

Which OPenGL libraries are needed and where do they usually occur? I thought I
located them in /usr/X11/lib or /usr/lib but none of these directories work.

Cheers, Ulrich