[GRASSLIST:9061] Cannot load GRASS layers into QGIS

William Hudspeth wbhk at unm.edu
Mon Nov 14 14:11:20 EST 2005

Hello,

I am running GRASS 6.0.0 and QGIS 0.7 on Fedora Core3. QGIS was
installed with GDAL, PostgreSQL/POSTGIS, GEOS, PROJ, and GRASS support.
I create a new location defined as Lat-Long and WGS84 with resolution of
00:01:00. I start GRASS using the newly defined location, and then
attempt to start QGIS from the GRASS prompt. I get the following error:

Cannot read current region: is invalid line 11: <top: 1>

I get precisely the same error if I start GRASS using the Spearfish 6.0
sample dataset location. Thus far, I have not been able to load any
GRASS datasets into QGIS. I have also tried setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
AND GISBASE environmental variables to the GRASS libraries, and GRASS
installation directory, respectively. Again, same error message.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Bill