[GRASSLIST:9135] Re: grass.itc.it

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Fri Nov 18 02:51:25 EST 2005

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005, Trevor Wiens wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 11:21:10 +1300
> Joel Peter William Pitt <joel.pitt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Still works for me. I'm in New Zealand.
> >
> > Joel
> >
> > On 11/18/05, Trevor Wiens <twiens at interbaun.com> wrote:
J> > > I've been getting a timed out link for a day and a half at the
grass.itc.it site. Is the system undergoing maintenance or something?

> I've contacted my Internet provider and it seems that someone between
> Canada and Italy has their DNS improperly configured.
>
> Thanks for checking. Sorry to bother with this, but I needed to know if
> the problem was with my provider.

Not just you, not just your provider. With a browser set directly to
internet, http://grass.itc.it/index.php loads cleanly for me, but through
a proxy does not, and times out with the same symptoms you see. So
something did change outgoing from itc.it about two days ago.

--
Roger Bivand
e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no