[GRASSLIST:9222] Re: join two vector maps

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Fri Nov 25 15:48:20 EST 2005

On pią, 2005-11-25 at 14:30 +0100, ivan marchesini wrote:
> I think that simply using v.overlay with the option or should work!!!

Ivan,

According to manual v.overlay will combine only area and area or area
and line. Doesn't support points at all. Pretty limited. While v.patch
and should work for any type combination.

v.append is limited to, I forgot to write - supports all geometry types
but is able to combine only the same types, eg. only points with points
etc.

Maciek