[GRASSLIST:9247] GRASS and ArcSDE

David Finlayson david.p.finlayson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 15:07:41 EST 2005

Our university is rapidly moving all GIS data onto ArcSDE. Is there a
method for getting these data onto a Unix machine?

ESRI has penetrated so deep here that GIS==ESRI in most people's
minds. When our map librarians insisted that the data distribution
model be updated (understandably) to better serve the community (40k+
students). There wasn't even token consideration given to technologies
other then SDE. Maybe there isn't an alternative that works as well?

If I can't find a method to interact with SDE, I'm going to lose
access to the major datasets. Any suggestions (other than buying a
windows work station)?

David
--
David Finlayson
Marine Geology & Geophysics

Office: Marine Sciences Building, Room 112
Phone: (206) 616-9407
Web: http://students.washington.edu/dfinlays