[GRASSLIST:9266] Re: 3D shapefile in NVIZ - some images to get a better idea

Ian MacMillan ian_macmillan at umail.ucsb.edu
Wed Nov 30 21:56:16 EST 2005

I am not sure, but are you using a latlong (geographic) projection?
NVIZ only works if the vertical units are the same as the horizontal
units.  I tend to get a similar error to what you are describing when
using nviz in latlong locations (width is degrees, height is meters).

-Ian

On Nov 30, 2005, at 4:29 PM, Carlos Guâno Grohmann wrote:

> This is what I'm trying to do in GRASS. The screenshots are from Aven
> (Survex cave viewer, www.survex.com). I want to have the surface and
> the cave vector in 3D, to better look possibilities of exploration,
> distance to the surface from selected stations and so on. When in
> NVIZ, I can only view the cave if the vertical exageration is zero,
> any other value, the vector disppears. Also, the vector is flat, not a
> 3D series of lines...
>
> any hel would be very appreciated
>
> thanks
>
> Carlos
> --
>               Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
>   Geologist M.Sc  - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
> Linux User #89721  - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
> "Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows
> 95 from my hard drive."
> --The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged
> by 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke
> <tbvtb_1.png><tbvtb_zoom_1.png><tbvtb_zoom_2.png><tbv_grass.png>

What happens if a big asteroid hits Earth? Judging from realistic
simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we
can assume it will be pretty bad.
  - Dave Barry