[GRASSLIST:8540] sdts and v.in.ogr

Ed Davison bfdi533 at cbacc-security3.mccombs.utexas.edu
Fri Oct 7 10:54:17 EDT 2005

I just loaded an SDTS coverage (state boundaries from the National
Atlas) into a lat/lon location using v.in.ogr.  There were a few warning
messages but all seemed to work just fine.  I then ran v.build on the
new layer and it completed with no errors but when I try to display this
new layer with d.vect I get an error as shown below:

GRASS 6.0.0 (etopo5):~/gis/data/nationalatlas/stap > v.build states option=buildWARNING: coor files of vector 'states at bfdi533' is larger than it should be
         (10010825 bytes excess).
Building topology ...
11752 primitives registered
Building areas:  100%
0 areas built
0 isles built
Attaching islands:
Attaching centroids:  100%
Topology was built.
Number of nodes     :   6430
Number of primitives:   11752
Number of points    :   6430
Number of lines     :   5322
Number of boundaries:   0
Number of centroids :   0
Number of areas     :   0
Number of isles     :   0
GRASS 6.0.0 (etopo5):~/gis/data/nationalatlas/stap > d.vect states color=red WARNING: Size of 'coor' file differs from value saved in topo file.
WARNING: Please rebuild topology for vector 'states at bfdi533'
ERROR: Cannot open topo file for vector 'states at bfdi533'.
GRASS 6.0.0 (etopo5):~/gis/data/nationalatlas/stap >