[GRASSLIST:8581] NVIZ not working properly in GRASS 6?

Ross A. Beyer rbeyer at arc.nasa.gov
Tue Oct 11 13:38:53 EDT 2005

Hello,

I just installed GRASS 6.0.1 from source on my FreeBSD 5.4 system,
and things seem to mostly be working just fine.  However, when I
start NVIZ with some sample SPEARFISH data like so:

GRASS 6.0.1 > nviz elev=elevation.dem vect=roads

the GUI comes up, but the visualization window has "snow" in it
(looks like junk from the graphics buffer or something).  It
compiled okay, and I think that I have the most recent versions
of the required software.

I'm kinda stumped as to what the problem is.  Searching through
the mailing list archives didn't turn up anything that seemed
similar.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
--
                                             Ross

                                http://RossBeyer.net/science/