[GRASSLIST:8607] Re: NVIZ not working properly in GRASS 6?

Ross A. Beyer rbeyer at arc.nasa.gov
Thu Oct 13 16:26:50 EDT 2005

Thank you for your suggestions, but I still can't get the NVIZ window
to display anything but junk.

On Tuesday 11 October 2005, Ing.Peter Misovic wrote:
> -> I removed old Mesa libraries
> --> I installed version : 6.3.2-1.mdk10.2
> libMesaGL1-6.3.2-1.mdk10.2.mde
> libMesaGLU1-6.3.2-1.mdk10.2.mde
> libMesaGLU1-devel-6.3.2-1.mdk10.2.mde
>
> and now everything is working fine

My system didn't have any Mesa libraries installed, and when I tried
to add them, I got this message:

	MesaGL is unnecessary because libGL and libGLU come with
	XFree86 4.0 and higher

I'm running X.org 6.8.2 which also has these libraries.  So I'm guessing
that's not it, but I don't know much about these things, maybe it is?

On Wednesday 12 October 2005, Stefan Istvan wrote:
> I also had problem with NVIZ, though a bit different kind. I solved the
> problem by using tcl/tk version 8.3 instead of newer versions.
> Maybe it would help you too.

Okay, I installed tcl/tk 8.3, and rebuilt GRASS to use them.  However, the
results are still the same, nothing but "snow" or graphics buffer
junk in the NVIZ visualization window, but the window with the
controls is fine (its just that none of the buttons really do
anything).

Any additional help or suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks.

--
                                             Ross

                                http://RossBeyer.net/science/