[GRASSLIST:8663] supervised classification of forest types

Dan Gavin dgavin at uvm.edu
Mon Oct 17 18:06:08 EDT 2005

Dear Users,
Related to my previous query regarding aerial photos:  I wish to
classify forest cover on back-and-white, leaf-off and snow-on-ground
photos into deciduous and conifer types, and perhaps patches of
conifer/deciduous mixes.  I am leaning towards hand-drawing on an
overlay using a stereoscope, then orthorectifying the overlay.
However, the prospect of using grayscale and texture and other
features to automate the process is appealing.  Any suggestions of
references tackling the same problem would be very helpful.

Many thanks,
Dan

--
Dan Gavin