[GRASSLIST:8756] Querying display monitor locations as percent from origin (0,0)?

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Wed Oct 26 08:35:31 EDT 2005

Hi gang,

I'm trying to create a simple legend for sediment grainsize analyses
(attributes consist of % gravel, % sand, % silt, % clay). I already have
some really nice looking pie charts created using d.vect.chart, and now I
want an accompanying legend in the upper-right corner of the monitor for a
screen capture. Is there a way to query the coordinates of locations on the
monitor as percentages from the lower-left corner?

I could make a reasonable guess as to where I think the legend should appear
in display coordinates, but I want to use d.graph to build a little window
containing all the legend elements; having the exact queried coordinates
could just be pasted into the d.graph command.

Alternatively......

Is there a better way to create vector legends for d.vect.chart? I couldn't
find anything in the manual that seemed to cover it.

Thanks!

~ Eric.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eric Patton