[GRASSLIST:8819] Re: switching to postgres

Brent Wood b.wood at niwa.co.nz
Sun Oct 30 18:05:42 EST 2005

Another way I have loaded dbf data into Postgres tables is to use the
dbfdump program from the shapelib utilities to extract the dbf fields &
data, the run a script to parse these, create the table & load the data.

see
http://shapelib.maptools.org/shapelib-tools.html#dbfdump

for details on the shpdump command. (You don't need the shapefile, just
the dbf. Use ogr2ogr or shp2psql from Postgis if you need to load the full
spatial dataset)

Brent Wood