[GRASSLIST:8185] Re: grass_info_error

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Tue Sep 6 15:24:51 EDT 2005

Ellen,

Please write exactly what your problem is, what error message you get. I
can't find any error message in your post.

Regarding mseibel's original post - his problem was:

>>> GRASS_INFO_ERROR(13271,1): Cannot open old vector placept2 at PERMANENT
>>> on level 2

That's why I asked him to try v.convert on his file, assuming his file could
be indeed an *old* (i.e. from Grass 5.4 or older) Grass vector file.

You wrote:

> v.convert doesn't seem to work?
>
> v.convert input=testvectdigit output=testvectdigit2
> ERROR: Input vector was not found.   -> but the file does exist (g.list
> vect gives the file and I can also visualise it with d.vect)???

And why are you running v.convert on your file? v.convert is only for
importing *old* Grass vector files into *new* Grass vector files (i.e. in
Grass 5.7 or newer).

Maciek