[GRASSLIST:8233] Re: libgrass_gmath.so error on startup (FC4)

Chris Bennett chris_bennett at comcast.net
Sat Sep 10 09:56:21 EDT 2005

Hi Tom,

I just got a minute to take a look at your posts.  Sounds like we went
through nearly the same ugly process, except that I'm not even using
X64.  I'm just running on a standard laptop (ca 2000, though).  My
problem with the original gmath was also some leftover unused variables
that weren't cleaned out.  I finally got everything to install (after
discovering that FFTW 3.x wasn't supported, among many other difficult
things I've learned), and now, while it does run, it doesn't crank up
the display.  I haven't tried individual commands yet, but I was hoping
not to have to debug the damn thing.

Anyway, I don't really know what to do at this point because if it
compiles and runs (to a point) what's a poor joe like me supposed to
do?  Take lots of notes so I can post it to the list for the next guy.

I'm looking forward to any clues you may be able to provide.

Thanks again!

-Chris.