[GRASSLIST:8450] Re: New GRASS Module: v.drape

Dylan Beaudette dylan at iici.no-ip.org
Wed Sep 28 18:32:58 EDT 2005

On Wednesday 28 September 2005 02:20 pm, Dylan Beaudette wrote:
> Hi Radim and Markus,
>
> Per Radim's suggestions I have created a new module called v.drape, wich
> will create a 3D vector from a 2D vector and an elevation surface. Vector
> code was borrowed from v.split, and raster sampling was based on code from
> v.sample.
>
> Attached is an initial version of the source code, which seams to work fine
> for lines. I still need to add support for points, and add some error
> checking. Also, I have commented using Doxygen-style formatting, for later
> programmer's manual creation. If this looks ok to you guys, I will write up
> the description.html as soon as I can.
>
> The new command works like this:
> v.drape -C in=trails output=trails3d rast=elev_meters
>
> A new 3D vector file is created, with a copy of the original DB table.
>
> Cheers,

Ooops! I just sent the wrong version, which was missing support for points as
well.

Also note that the syntax is
v.drape [ -B | -C ] in=trails output=trails3d rast=elev_meters

where the -B or -C refere to bilinear or cubic interpolation, default is
nearest neighbor.

Attached is the current version:

--
Dylan Beaudette