[GRASSLIST:8455] Re: compiling GRASS on mac os x

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Sep 29 11:24:42 EDT 2005

Don't know what Lorenzo does exactly, but it's probably something
similar to the Mac GRASS build instructions I maintain on the GRASS
site and my own web site.

 From the GRASS downloads page, go to the Platform Notes, or:

<http://grass.itc.it/platforms/index.php>

A couple notes:

I found a problem on Panther - some modules may crash because of the
SHLIB_LD setting in configure.  I have a solution, but until I get
something on the build instructions page, email me if you need to
build GRASS on Panther.

Also, I'm working on making my own binary distribution.  Not as fancy
as Lorenzo's, with the app package and Tcl/Tk Aqua choice, but what
you would get if you do a normal build from source.  ...At least at
first - I may add a double-click thing for starting GRASS.  I'm doing
this because I want something that is integrated with my other
installers for GIS libraries and tools, PHP, Postgres+PostGIS and
MapServer.  And I will try to keep it as up-to-date as possible.

On Sep 28, 2005, at 11:08 PM, Dylan Beaudette wrote:

> Hi Lorenzo,
>
> Really like your pre-compiled GRASS binaries for GRASS. Do you have
> instructions on how to actually perform the compilation?
>
> Any tips would be great.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those
least suited to do it."

- A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy