[GRASSLIST:593] Re: set up grass location

Nagesh Bhatkar bnagesh at nio.org
Thu Apr 6 02:24:50 EDT 2006

Hi,
I just thought of sharing this with you.

In the ~/grass-6.0.1/lib/init directory(prior to compilation of GRASS),
the programs mke_loc.c , set_data.c  can be edited  to create location
and mapset, automatically everytime u start a GRASS session  for the
first  time and to avoid inputting the values at the command prompt
to set the geographic region. One can set the all the values internally.
Also the PROJ_INFO and PROJ_UNITS files can be
created within the programs. Later using g.setproj the proj info could
be changed.
I did the above procedure because i wanted GRASS to start with the
geographic region being set since we all use the same coordinate
system(lat/lon) and ellipsoid WGS84.

Nagesh