[GRASSLIST:659] WIND file corrupted during r.proj import

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Tue Apr 11 08:27:22 EDT 2006

I ran r.proj within a UTM zone20 Location to import a Lat-Long WGS84 raster,
and ever since my projection info has been messed up. Here is the output
from g.proj -p:

GRASS 6.1.cvs (Cheticamp):~/Projects/Cheticamp/PERMANENT > g.proj -p
-PROJ_INFO-------------------------------------------------
name       : UTM
proj       : utm
ellps      : wgs84
a          : 6378137.0000000000
es         : 0.0066943800
zone       : 20
-PROJ_UNITS------------------------------------------------
unit       : meter
units      : meters
meters     : 1.0

And from DEFAULT_WIND:

GRASS 6.1.cvs (Cheticamp):~/Projects/Cheticamp/PERMANENT > more DEFAULT_WIND
proj:       1
zone:       20
north:      5315984.91222247
south:      5002065.13022186
east:       833130
west:       486750
cols:       34638
rows:       31392
e-w resol:  10
n-s resol:  9.99999306

Lastly, my WIND file:GRASS 6.1.cvs
(Cheticamp):~/Projects/Cheticamp/PERMANENT > more  WIND
proj:       1
zone:       20
north:      46.7892
south:      46.6416
east:       -61.008
west:       -61.1568
cols:       2
rows:       2
e-w resol:  0.0744
n-s resol:  0.0738
top:        1
bottom:     0
cols3:      2
rows3:      2
depths:     1
e-w resol3: 0.0744
n-s resol3: 0.0738
t-b resol:  1

This seems to be the reason why v.in.ogr is failing to import data that I
know is in UTM20, WGS84 - I have to use the -o flag to get anything
imported.

Setting the region to that of an existing raster/vector does not overwrite
the WIND file as I thought it might - I'm still stuck with a UTM AND LatLong
Location, it would seem.

Any solutions on how to get my proj info set back to UTM20?

~ Eric.