[GRASSLIST:815] Re: Live Earthquake Map: GRASS/PHP

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 22 04:54:43 EDT 2006

> just some fun:
>
>  http://grass.itc.it/spearfish/php_grass_earthquakes.php
>  Recent Earthquakes: map generated by GRASS on the fly with PHP
>

> Not nice (yet) but working in real time.

neat. Maybe change the color rule to move ocean -> black down to 5-8 km
instead of 500m? (that color scale was designed for showing detail in
the coastal shelf)

For finer-grained circle sizes, with ps.map you can use the sizecol
option with the vpoints command. Or d.vect.chart can do this, or
'v.buffer bufcol='.

maybe better to plot circles as e^boom as it's based on a log scale?

Hamish

ps - I know one of those circles quite well. :)