[GRASSLIST:846] v.extrude and nviz

Js Wortel j.wortel at wanadoo.nl
Mon Apr 24 10:10:32 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I have a set of building footprints that I want to visualise as 3d objects in NVIZ using heights stored in an attribute.
I import the shapefile, use v.extrude to create a 3d building and visualize them in NVIZ.
Small building (with few vertices) are ok, but more complex footprints go wrong (see attached jpegs for the footprint and the result in nviz.
Is there a limitation in v.extrude/NVIZ concering the number of vertices ?
Topology was built with v.support and the areas show ok in grass.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Jeroen.