[GRASSLIST:961] Re: orthorectification

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Fri Apr 28 15:51:03 EDT 2006

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 04:29:29 +0200
olivier.faivre at free.fr wrote:

<snip>

> How can i do now to gather all these rasters
> to have a single accurate orthorectifed and georeferenced raster
> without the uninteresting informations, and taking advantage of the
> commun coverage of the rasters to improve the quality of this unique
> raster, for exemple in attenuating the errors due to the camera on
> the edge of each aerian picture.

I think first mask out the unwanted pieces of your image:

r. digit, r.mapcalc

or

v.digit, v.to.rast, r.mapcalc

example: r.mapcalc 'cropped_photo=if(isnull(mask),null(),photo)'

> I've thought to use i.image.mosaic
> or r.patch, but i don't know what to do with it....

Now r.patch should be easier. ?.

> Can i do what i wwant using Grass? or do i need another software? if
> so, do you know open source software coping with my needs
>
> 3°) I work on windows server (w2000 server SP4), with a Pentium IV
> 2.8 GHz, 1 Go RAM, so i use cygwin and "d.m" interface
> I use grass version 6.0.0
> Is it normal that display process, and more over pointing with mouse
> or zoom processes were some time very very long, freezing completely
> the server...

6.0.0 has a bug in X displays that consumes 100% on mouse ops. It is
fixed for 6.1 CVS.

Maciek